Sajini , a vivacious and inspired Bharatnatyam exponent from Bengaluru
N. Sajini, a vivacious and inspired artist has been practicing the classical dance form of Bharatanatyam for over 2 decades. Her ardent love for this art began under the guidance of Gurus Smt. Saraswati and late Guru Smt. Annapoorna. She further developed her talent under the proficient grace of Guru Dr. Sanjay Shantaram of the prestigious “Shivapriya School of Dance”. His awe inspiring tutelage, coupled with constant encouragement from her parents Smt. S. Saraswathi and Sri. N Jayaprakash has taken her through Junior, senior and Vidwat grade examinations conducted by the KSEEB with immense success.
She then continued to perform with her Guru and Shivapriya in many prestigious festivals such as :
- Youth music and dance festival 2002 organized by Aryabhatta Cultural Organization.
- Hampi utsav.
- Bangalore habba 2005.
- Mahamasthkabhisheka – Shravanabelagola- 2006.
- Mysore dussherra festival.
- Natyanjali festival, Tanjore- 2010.
- Karnataka vaibhava, Singapore 2010.
- Natarajotsava, Mysore -2012.
- Bushans dance festival, Mysore- 2012.
- 50th Ganesha celebrations, Bangalore.
- Maha Nata festival, by Sangeetha Nritya Academy , Gubbi.
- 150th year RABINDRANATH TAGORE’S anniversary celebration, Bangalore.
- Indo cultural exchange – Malaysia 2015.
She has completed her arrangetram and also been graded by Doordarshan. She also has many solo performances to her credit in prestigious festivals such as:
- Sai Nrityotsav 2009 and 2012.
- Ananya Nrityollasa 2013.
- Karur Natyanjali 2015.
- Every Friday cultural programme 2015 organised by ICCR and Kannada and Culture.
Besides gaining intensive training on the performance front, Sajini is also keen on exploring the theoretical aspects of dance and in this pursuit, has taken up Masters in dance. Her dream is to keep finding a new beat in every step and delve deeper into the creative depths of this art form.
Sajini- THE GURU:
Sajini is the senior guru in the renowned Shivapriya school of Dance. She has been actively supporting creative Director Guru. Dr. Sanjay Shantaram by training budding students of the institute for over a decade. She has been responsible for creating platforms such as “Gejje Puje” to show case young talents within Shivapriya along with her Guru. She also has, to her credit, many choreographies such as:
- Nartananda Nataraja
- Prahalada Charitham
- Navarasa rama etc.
She has choreographed many theme based productions for many schools in Bangalore namely:
- Shishu Griha – Indiranagar (Twice).
- Nirmala Rani High School – Malleshwaram.
- Cluny Convent – Malleshwaram.
- Vasavi School – Basavangudi.
She also imparts dance trainings in “Indian Institute of Science”, although she quotes “Shivapriya” will always be her home.
Dance to Sajini:
“To dance is to be out of yourself, larger, more beautiful, more powerful”
Sajini an artist devoted to the practice of dance completely agrees with this quote. She believes there is no bigger blessing than being able to enjoy dancing and make it the biggest part of one’s life. In her opinion, being a dancer who truly understands this art and all it stands for is the most fulfilling and challenging experience in life. All along the way in her journey of learning and imparting her knowledge of this graceful and powerful art form, she hopes to continue finding inspiration and success and divinity throughout, as she does today.