Richa Srivastava, Kathak Exponent and one of the leading dancers of Nupur Zankar ensemble
Richa Srivastava, Grade ‘B’ artist of Doordarshan, hailing from family with interests in acting, with his actor father Shri. Rakesh Dagg, is a Senior disciple of Guru. Smt. Shila Mehta. She has been one of the leading dancers of Nupur Zankar ensemble and has served as a Faculty member for 2yrs, who has performed Solos in many prestigious dance festivals in India. She currently holds the position of Artistic Director of Arambh Kathak Pathshala, Mumbai. Honoured with “Kalavikas Youth Award 2015” in Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Sangeet Samaroh 2015, Gadag, “National Nritya Shiromani Award” in 5th International Cuttack Dance Festival, Orrissa, and “Nritya Vilasini Award” in Nrithanrithyathi Festival 3rd Edition, Bhillai. She is also an empanelled artist of IWCF.
Completing her Bachelors of Fine Arts Kathak, she has been performing on stage since last 8+yrs. She has been associated with one of professional acting group “Act I” performed a lot of plays and done a lot of Street Theatre. Few of her popular plays to name were “Kagar ki Aag” a production of Darpan Theatre, Delhi, “Murdon ko gaad do” an adaptation of Irwin Shaw’s play “Bury the Dead” directed and produced by Mr. NK Sharma, Act I, Delhi, etc.
- Nritya Deep Mayuram Award 2015 on 13th September 2015 in Brahma Varsha Utsav in Mumbai
- Kalavikas Yuva Puruskar 2015 received on 2nd Feb’15 in Pandit Bhimsen joshi Sangeet Samaroh 2015 in Gadag.
- Nritya Vilasini Award recieved on 11th April’14 in Nrithanrithyathi Festival, Bhillai, Chattisgarh.
- National Nritya Shiromani Award received on 5th Jan’14 in 5th Cuttack International Dance Festival, Orrissa
- Kathak Duet with Mr. Sunil Sunkara (Sr. Disciple of Guru Smt. Renu Sharma) in Brahma Varsha Utsav 2015 on 13th September 2015 at Rachna Sansad, Mumbai
- Kathak duet with Mr. Sunil Sunkara on 11th September 2015 with Live music in Kolhapur organized by Art Of Living.
- Kathak Duet with Mr. Sunil Sunkara (Kathak Dancer) organized by DTPC, Kerela on 24th Aug’15 in Kannur, 25th Aug’15 in Mallapurram and 26th Aug’15 in Kasaragod
- Kathak Solo organized by ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) under HORIZON SERIES in association with Kathak Kala Kshetra, Hyderbad on 13th June’15 at Shilparamam, Madhapur, Hi-Tech City, Hyderabad.
- Kathak Solo on 21st April’15 in Kathak Sandhya organized by Bharat Bhavan, Trivandrum in association with Noopura Academy. Followed with Kathak Presentation of Noopura Students taught by Richa Srivastava after a successful 10days Kathak Workshop.
- Kathak Solo in Noopura Dhwani Festival organized by Noopura Academy on 8th April’15
- Live Solo Kathak in Luckhnow under the series of Rashtriya Kathak Sansthan on 17th Oct’14 presenting her own new choreography Thumri Maalika
- Powerful Kathak Solo on 25th June’14 under Prajwalan Series, Thane, Mumbai.
- Solo Performance on 21st April’14 in Shrishti Dance Festival, Bangalore with conducting one day workshop in Bangalore.
- Kathak Solo on 11th April’14 in 3rd Edition of Nrithanrithyathi Festival of Classical Dances, Bhillai, Chattisgarh.
- Solo Performance on 5th Jan’14 in 5TH International Cuttack Dance Festival, Orrissa.
- Performed Solo Kathak at Aruthra Dharisana International Dance Festival, Karur, Tamil Nadu on 21st Dec’13.
- Solo Kathak Recital at SAI National Dance Festival, Bangalore on 7th Dec’13.
- Solo kathak recital at Naatya Sandhya organised by IWCF on 9th Aug’13 at Gurgaon, NCR.
- Performed at Ravindra Natya Mandir on June 1st under Discovery of India organised by Yuva Biradari, Mumbai.
- 5th Performance of “Chitrapat ke Krishna Kanhaiya” at Iskon Temple, Mumbai March 2013.
- Performed at Amananagar, Kerela under “Kathak Varna Sumangalam” at Mahadevmangalam Temple Dance Festival, Feb 2013.
- Come back performance – “Kathak Beyond Boundaries” under the series of Sanskriti Mahotsav by Nupur Zankar, Mumbai December 2012.
- Performed at Panchtatva Festival held by kalashram, Andheri Mumbai, 2011.
- Performed at Tera Main, organised by Shi Ravi Shankar devotees, at Tera Pant Bhavan, Mumbai, 2011 Terapant Performance, Performed Thumri.
- Performed with Odissi dancers in “Chitrapat ke Krishna kanhaiya” at Iskon Temple and Nehru centre, Mumbai in 2010.
- Performed at 10 different cities across South Ind ia under the series of Soorya Festival, 2009.
- Learned Kathak from Guru Mamta Maharaj ( Daughter of Legendary Pt. Birju Maharaj) in a 5 day extensive workshop for Seniors in Mumbai in Sep’14 .
- Got a chance to learn few things of Raipur Gharana by Guru Smt. Chetna Joshi in 10 day extensive workshop in Mumbai in July’14.
- Learned Kathak from Pt.Vijay Shankar ji in a 5 day workshop at Banaras in March’13.
- Attended workshop by Pt. Praveen Gangani arranged by Sancharee, Mumbai in Jan’13.
- Attended workshops conducted by Pt. Birju Maharaj ji.
- Attended workshop conducted by Pt. Chitresh das ji.