Rageshri Das, a special gayaki for khayal and thumri both
In the year of 1986,13 march Rageshri born in the musical family in Burdwan. Her father Sri Purnendu Das is deciple of Pt. Mahadev Prasad Mishra ( Sangit acharya of the eminent Banaras Gharana ), and also deciple of Sri Nishakar Mallik ( Sangit Visarad,Lakhnow ).He is also a National Award holder (Gold Medal),A Grade artist of A.I.R. and Doordarshan, Research scholar in Indian Folk.
Her mother Smt. Krishna Das is also disciple of famous Rabindra Sangeet singer Lt. Devobrata Biswas. She is also a national award holder, gold medalist. Rageshri is the only child of her parents.
Rageshri started learning Indian Classical Music from the age of 3 from her father.
1. 1993 she passed A.I.R. in the category of ‘ Shishu Mahal ’ in Khayal and Bhajan in the age of 6.
2. 1997 she got the Junior scholarship from Centre for Cultural Resources & Training (Govt. of India).
3. 1998 she became deciple of Pt. Mohan Lal Mishra, famous Classical Musician of the eminent Banaras Gharana
4. 2005 she got the scholarship (Young Artist Award Scheme) from Ministry of Culture (Govt. of India) in Khayal.
5. 2005 she won the music competition organized by Dover Lane Music Conference in the subject of Khayal (1st ), Rag Pradhan (1st ), Bhajan (2nd ).
6. 2006 winner of Music Competition by A.I.R. in Rag Prodhan (1st ).
7. 2009 Awarded ‘ Pt. Girija Sankar Smriti Puraskar ’ from Rabindra Bharati University (kolkata).
8. 2009 winner of Golden Talent Contest by Pt. Rovi Kichlu Foundation(Kolkata) In Khayal.
9. 2010 winner of All India Music Competition by ‘Sangeet Ashram and Gyanaprava’ .
Now she is the scholar of ‘Sangeet Ashram and Gyanaprava’ directed by Pt. Biajay Kichlu.
Rageshri is ‘ B.High ’Grade artist in Bhajan and ‘A’Grade artist in Khayal and Raag Pradhan of A.I.R.
She is doing her Phd in Purav ang ki gayakia . She is a special gayaki for khayal nd thumri both