Mita Mukherjee, an young promising sitar / harmonium player
Mita Mukherjee, an young promising sitar player, daughter of Late Anil Krishna Ghosh, was born and brought up in a musical family, District of North 24 Parganas. She started her training at an early age from Late Pt. Biswanath Chatterjee and she is under Pt. Partha Pratim Chatterjee for advanced training for a long time. She also learnt vocal music from late Padmabhibhushan Pt. Gyan Prakash Ghosh and she is also efficient in Harmonium Playing.
Her music is inspired by the style of Pt. Nikhil Banerjee of Senia Maihar Gharana.
1. From 1986 to 1993 Mita got JUNIOR NATIONAL Scholarship through C.C.R.T. New Delhi.
2. In 1993 she stood first and got scholarship in the musical competition of the Department of Information and Culture, Government of West Bengal for two years.
3. In 1993 she participated in workshop on Hindusthani Classical instrumental music organized by Government of West Bengal and conducted by Pt. Buddhadeb Dasgupta, Pt Bimal Roy and Smt. Jaya Biswas.
4. In 1994 She Stood first in musical competition of Student “YOUTH FESTIVAL” of Government of West Bengal.
5. In 1994 She food first in talent search contest organized by Dover Lane Music Conference, Kolkata.
6. In1995 she stood first in the music competition of first Rashtriya Yuva Utsav organized by Government of India, Held in Bhopal.
7. In 1995 Mita got National Scholarship for two Years, From Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Culture, New Delhi.
8. In 1995 she was selected in group “A” category of sitar in the Golden Talent Contest, organized by Pandit Ravi kichlu Foundation, in association with H.M.V.
9. In 1996 she performed in Golden Jubilee Celebration of Kal-Ke-Kalakar Sangeet Sammelan and got “Sur-Mani” title, organized by Sur-Singar- Samsad, Mumbai.
10. In 1996 she passed B- Muse in Sitar from Arya Sangeet-O-Sanskriti Kendra of Kolkata , under Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalay, Khairagarh, M. P.
11. In July of 1998 Mita participated in the unique workshop on Indian Classical Instrumental Music, conducted by Padmabhibhushan Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, organized by the Department of Information and Cultural Affairs, Government of West Bengal.
12. In 2010 she passed “M.A” in Sitar from Arya Sangeet-O-Sanskriti Kendra of Kolkata , under Indira Kala
Sangeet Vishwavidyalay, Khairagarh, M. P.
13. In 2011 she is awarded with National “Sangeet Mani” Award in International Dance & Music Festival organized at Cuttack,Odisha.
Extra Curriculum-She is also capable to play HARMONIUM with Tabla solo, dance & etc.
Treatment of different ragas, artistic application of swaras and ornamentation of taan are the important features of her playing.
Bhowanipur Sangeet Sammilani (Kolkata).
Young Talent conference, organized by Subhash Sanskirti Parishad (Kolkata).
Kal-Ki-Kalakar Music Festival (Mumbai).
Mukteswar Music Festival (Bhubaneswar).
Barabati Music Festival (Cuttack).
Maa Ghantasuni Shastriya Sangeet Sandhya ( Titlagarh).
Bhubaneshwar Music Circle(Bhubaneshwar)
International Dance & Music Festival. (Cuttack)
Chandashree Music Org. (Kolkata)
Binota Devi Music Org. (Barasat) & many others.
“After testing her sitar playing I simply say that she has got a brilliant parts and a bright future.
—Pt. Shankar Ghosh
“ Mita Ghosh is a talented sitar Player.”
—Smt. Jaya Biswas
“I am Pleased to certify that Mita Ghosh is a highly talented Sitar Player”
— Pt. Buddhadeb Das Gupta