Kuhelika Busu – NANDITO
Kuhelika Basu started learning first steps of Dance and various compositions from her mother Late Mrs. Nandita Bardhan of Tripura. Mrs.Nandita Bardhan was a Sc. Teacher, writer, Poet & Dancer. Kuhelika made her debut at the age of 10, when she was in class VII, she choreographed a dance drama based on Rabindranath Tagore’s poem ‘Samanya Khati’ and composed the dance drama Chandalika. She associated herself with Shantiniketan (Visva Bharati University) for the four years dance graduation course for the entire course she was bestowed with the scholarship of Visva Bharati. She completed the Graduation and Post Graduation with distinction and first rank. To concentrate on Manipuri Dance she joined the Manipuri Nartanalaya, one of the pioneer institutions of Manipuri dance in the country, founded by Late Guru Bipin Singh, Mrs. Kalavati Devi and the well known Jhaveri sisters.
A receipient of Senior Scholarship in Manipuri Dance from the Department of Cultural Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Govt. Of India.
- M.A. in Dance from Santiniketan (Visva Bharati University)
- B.Ed from Rabindra Bharati University.
- Sangeet Bisarad in Rabindra Sangeet.
- External examiner of Rabindra Bharati University.
- Director and Founder Principal of NANDITO
Major Performances :
- Swami Haridas sangeet Sammelan (Vrindaban) with Manipuri Nartanalaya
- Rabindra Janmatsav Organised by West Bengal Govt. Manipuri Nartanalaya
- Programme organized by Indian International center. Manipuri Nartanalaya
- Programme at Habitat Center (New delhi) Manipuri Nartanalaya
- Kolkata Doordarshan’s Programme with B.D.M.I.
- Bangladesh Programme with Late Mrs. Kanika Bandopadhyay
- Appreciated by the president of India Mr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam for directing a song, written by the honorable president himself.
- Performance at Rabindra Sadan at the auspicious occasion of legendary Kanika Bandopadhyay’s 87th birth anniversary, in collaboration with Mitali, the Indo- Bangladesh cultural society.
- Performance at Rabindra Mahotsav, the Guinness dance feat at Hyderabad.