Anjana Kusari – A new word in Hindustani Music
Anjana Kusari, a name well known and talked about in Indian classical music circle, has been coming up the stairs of fame and fortune steadily on the basis of an extremely mellifluous rendition of Khayal, Thumri and bhajan.
The every watchful guidance & tutelage of her uncle set her learning the basics essences of classical music, the intricacies of Khayal gayakii, Thumri and Bhajan at a very young age.
Anjana is indeed blessed to have furthered her training under Shri Sukhomony Pakrashi, a noted disciple of one of the greatest exponents of Hindustani classical music Sangeetachrya Pandit Chinmoy Lahiri of Kolkata. Leading to his sad demise, she has received rigorous taleem from Shri Amiya Ranjan Bandoypadhyay, a blessed musician of Vishnupur Gharana. Presently, a legendary figure of Benaras Ghrana. Pandit Mohanlal Mishra, known for his exposition of Ragas, Bandishes accompanied by complex Tan, Laykari and Gayakii, has taken Anjana under his efficient and dignified guidance under Guru Shisya Parampara.
She has successfully blended the traditional genre of Indian Classical music imparted by her Guru with her own individuality. A vocalist endowed with rare quality of more than three octave ranges, she paints her music with subtle and intricate movements and rhythmic variation of motes with strong emotion in Vistar and great variety of Tan & Sargam.
Beside a illustrious career Anjana is honored with accolades of various kinds like Sangeet Visharad from Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapeeth and Bhramya Dhyanam Puraskar from Swargiya Pandit Bundi Maharaj Sangeet Vidyapeeth.
Her recent musical performances :
- 56th Annual Classical Music Conference, Uttarpara Sangeet Chakra, 2012
- 54th Annual Classical Music Conference, Uttarpara Sangeet Chakra, 2010
- Julan Yatra Music Festival, Julan Bari – Kolkata, 2012
- Antara Classical Music Conference-Sodepur, 2005
- Saptak-G.D.BirlaSabhaghar-Kolkata, 2003
- Saptarshi-Aurobindo Institution
- Sw. Pt. Bundi Maharaj Vidyapeeth Mahasamelan, 2001,’02,’03
- Classic- A festival of Indian classical Music and Dance-Kolkata, 2003,’04
- Serampore Music Conference Serampore-1993
- Her upcoming musical programes :
- GHARANA FESTIVAL, Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi, 2012
- The Dover Lane Music Conference, 2012
- Bhawanipur Sangeet Samaj- Kolkata, 2012
- Nad Brinda, Silchar- Assam, 2012
- Gandhi Seva Sangha Auditorium, Sreebhumi- Kolkata